Turning Around Chronically Low-Performing Schools: Resources From Doing What Works
Nikola Filby (Primary)
Senior Program Director
Fred Tempes (Primary)
Senior Program Director
Jan Phlegar (Primary)
Learning Innovations at WestEd
Rebecca Herman (Primary)
Principal Research Scientist
American Institutes for Research
As part of a series of WestEd-sponsored webinars related to education goals of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, Nikola Filby, Director of WestEd's Innovation Studies Program; Rebecca Herman, Principal Research Scientist at the American Institutes for Research; Fred Tempes, Director of the Comprehensive School Assistance Program at WestEd; and Jan Phlegar, Director of Learning Innovations at WestEd will offer research-based recommendations to improve low-performing schools from the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) Practice Guide. The webinar also will showcase resources from the Doing What Works website illustrating how these recommendations have been carried out successfully.
WestEd is offering this webinar as part of series of free webinars related to the education goals of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. The series includes:
- Early Head Start: Providing a Quality Comprehensive Program for Infants, Toddlers and Their Families:
- Making Progress on Essential Standards and Assessment Reforms
- Recommendations for Addressing the Needs of English Language Learners: The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA)
RELATED UPCOMING WEBINARS
RELATED PAST WEBINARS
Downloads For Your Own Use
- Chat Log: "Turning Around Chronically Low-Performing Schools"
- MP3 Audio file for the webinar: "Turning Around Chronically Low-Performing Schools: Resources From Doing What Works."
- PDF Handout of presentation: Turning Around Chronically Low-Performing Schools: Resources From Doing What Works
- PDF of slide presentation for "Turning Around Chronically Low-Performing Schools: Resources From Doing What Works."
- Resources Discussed by Presenters on "Turning Around Chronically Low-Performing Schools"
Developing effective leadership is essential to guide and support schools through the changes required by standards-based education and high-stakes accountability. But what do effective leaders do? Moving Leadership Standards Into Everyday Work: Descriptions of Practice helps answer this essential question.
Let us help you make the most of your live webinar or archived webinar experience. Participation instructions, tips for small groups, and ideas for professional development are included.